Saturday, October 25, 2014

KARMA!

I used to always brag about marrying my bestfriend....having the best husband and the perfect home. I have been married for 4years now to the man every good woman deserves...a man who would spend his extra time with me, take me to all his outings, made so much noise about me on all his social network pages and profiles. I am blessed to be married to Dapo....or cursed!

I am 28years old, a graduate and I earn a good pay working with one of the top advertisement firms in the Country. 5years ago, I went out to a bar where I always spend the extra-hours before going home to sleep through one of the many movies I buy every weekend at the corner shop. "May I join you?"...looking up to see who was asking was this young man, probably in his mid-thirties, wearing grey pants, sparkling white shirt, black belt, black shoes...and he smelt good...fresh, like he just had a shower and dabbed some old spice after-shave. I moved to the edge of the couch...he sat and sighed like he'd been standing on a long friday afternoon queue at the bank. We got talking, found out he just got caught....cheating on his girlfriend with one of her friends. That made my skin crawl! Oh well! that's non of my business...I mean, I had just broken up with my boyfriend of eight months.....eight months of all the bliss and love and all those wonderful things in a perfect relationship. Shit really does happen!

Anyway....so I and le stranger had a good time, talking and laughing and judging where we both went wrong in our past relationships, made silly jokes about ourselves...our exes too! I held nothing back talking to Grey-pants and it felt really good, like I'd known him all my life. Going to The Bar became more exciting, it was now beyond the music, shisha and the different cocktails I always looked forward to trying...lol!

Fastforward to 3months.....I and Dapo (Grey-pants) got married! Oh yes we did....it was more like we knew each other so well and had nothing to hide. But it wasn't really so. my marriage had been beautiful...perfect and peaceful until I had reasons to start questioning Dapo's change of attitude towards me. You know how they say a jealous woman does better search than the FBI...well, I became a secret agent added to the FBI. Something was amiss. Dapo who woild take me everywhere and kiss me all over and all those things that ladies like, just stopped...without a warning....just like that!

I got so scared that my marriage would end and my jealous friends would laugh....I was even more devastated at the thought of a fasiled marriage than i was of the actual thing. so, one day i decided to take Dapo out to Jabi Lake at night when my face and emotions would be hidden in the dark and I could open up to how his attitude had gotten to me. He had his hands in his pockets while we stood by the car...like he was trying to let me know that nothing sweet was going to go down! i started...."D-boy, you and I know that things haven't been fine with us...our relationship these past months, if at all I have done something" ......"something?....you think it's just something you did or said?"....I was happy he was saying something...that's a step to solving this whole thing. "Chetachi, if it was just that, then I would not be like this with you...you have no idea, do you?". At that point, I just wanted to dissolve into my shadow. What in the world could I have done? I never crossed the line with any man....never cheated or came close....I'm good with his family...friends....reasonably and safely so! I could just fall down and die right now. "just tell me what it is exactly"...."oh yes I definitely will tell you"! My heart was beating so hard I could hear it in my head...i'm sure my veins even looked like they would burst.

I stood at the door and watched my marriage and happiness drive out the premises as the break-lights dimmed away. I had no-one to confide in...nobody to talk to. Dapo had been the only true friend I have had all these years and I never discussed our relationship with anyone. It was so hard to digest all he told me. All he had done in the name of trying to forgive me. All he had done to me....for things I did in the past. How convenient!

So Dapo came across an old friend of mine some months ago. We were close...friends....with benefits. we never dated, we just were comfortable with each other as we were. His name was Fisayo...he was dark, tall, wasn't such a looker, had good sense of humour and a horrible dress sense...lol! He was a good friend. I could count on him anytime-anyday! He was my guy...like a dude to a dude! I met my ex and we had to stop all the benefits thing and remain just friends....but somehow, it didn't work, so we sort of drifted apart and lost contact.

Many years after that, Fisayo met Dapo...they became friends and shit started to roll out. Now, Fisayo knew everything about me.....everything! Finding out that I and Dapo were married, he started to spill...not like I had anything to hide, but I believe in the past remaining in the past, right!? Anyway....from all my past relationships to all the wrongs I'd done to exes....including Fisayo....he told Dapo!

Maybe I should have told Dapo while we were dating....but how would i have started? Not like i killed anyone....ok, I stole a few boyfriends...briefly, but I was just 22years old and in the university. Alot of things happened there! When I and Dapo met, I told him all about my life after school...the really recent stuff. How was I to know that all I did in Kindergarten would be important?

To cut this, Dapo dropped me off and asked me to think of how to sort this out...."our lives together is gradually crumbling down and you alone can rebuild this"...his words to me just before he received a call that had him sounding all sweet like he used to be with me....some months before Fisayo....

No comments:

Post a Comment