Tuesday, February 25, 2014

THE CHEATING WIFE -4 (FINAL PART)


I became a full woman in the arms of my husband...Demola Badmus. From the birth of our first son to the third, he stayed faithful and loved me every inch of the way. Even when I was painfully unbearable and irritating. How did I allow myself to lose myself....throw myself away at just the glance of a younger man's pelvic region? The taste of that sinful scent of Damon's hormones rushing through my system and rubbing all over my sweaty skin...all it took to find me, Adeshina, in this level of almost nothingness!

Sitting infront of Demola and staring on d floor at the piece of Durex pack and Damon's brief in his hand....."Demola", I said...."we have been married for all these years and with the sight of a condom pack and strange briefs, you already boil as though you caught a man atop of me?" And as I waited to hear what next would come, I tried so hard for a tear-drop but nothing happened. So I just put my face in my palms and cried (crocodile tears), I sobbed and started to pack my things and threatened to pack out of the house. I dragged one luggage after the other to the corridor as I struggled for tears. Walking back to the room, Demola held and kissed me, "I realise my wrong Shinie, it's work and a lot of stress lately. I haven't had time for you and I feel so guilty...I'm so sorry"!

I held his hands and dragged him out to the green-house for a talk and also to give Damon the chance to get out of my husband's closet. We talked for over an hour and a half and I realised I had blinded myself from my husband's personal and official struggles. I had completely turned into a stranger in the blink of an eye. While we talked, Damon walked towards the gate, probably going to spend the night out. As he passed the green-house, he neither greeted my husband and I nor looked our direction. Demola called out at him and waved but he just walked on like he didn't hear his name. I was hurt by the disrespect Damon showed to my husband. I decided that I would talk to him and end the whole thing. It just wasn't worth it....I have what most women fast and pray for....I had it all!

The next day, at about 1pm or so, I made sure all the doors were locked because I didn't want any more surprises from Damon. I got to the kitchen to start preparing lunch, opened the door and pulled the net down for air, the ventilator had been bad for weeks now. Demola said he would bring the kids back from school since extra lessons were over and their exams would start the next week. I had the last batch of potatoes in the frying pan and was almost through arranging the dinning for the kids' lunch. Demola's rice was packed in his lunch carriage.....I was almost done. With a sigh of relief, I was glad that I was returning to my normal faithful wife mode and not the careless and typical whore I was evolving from. As I returned to the kitchen, after putting the final touch to the dinning table, I met Damon standing right outside the kitchen. I rushed to him as I immediately recalled his rudeness to my husband. "Damon, why were you so disrespectful to my husband yesterday evening?" I asked. "Do you realise that you could have let him know something was going on between us with that attitude of yours?" I added. He kept looking at me without saying a word. I decided to ignore him and walk away only to be held still by the words Damon said to me....

Demola returned with the children from school, greeted me warmly with a hug and a peck on my forehead. He walked up the stairs and didn't come back down immediately. A few steps up the stairs to check if he was alright and I heard the door-bell. I ran down to see who it was......my parents, my elder sister and my closest friend who was meant to be in Johannesburg. Damon wasn't threatening me after all.......he was right! I ran up to meet Demola......my boxes were right infront of our bedroom, I could hear Demola sobbing. I jumped over the boxes and grabbed him from the back, the tears I tried to force out less than 24hours ago came rushing down like waterfalls. I begged......I begged like my life depended on our marriage....my life actually depended on our home, the children between us and my husband. Demola looked me in the eyes and said..."I only wanted the truth from you Adeshina....and I waited till the minute I called your parents for you to call me and tell me the truth, but you didn't!"

My mother took the children to the kiddies while I sat there on the floor, miserable and numb. Demola explained to my parents and Ronke my friend how he had suspected me from the night I stormed out on him only to return at past midnight all soaked by the rain. He never read my chat messages like I thought. He even came back home the day I slept with Damon on our matrimonial bed and met him still sleeping......naked. He asked Damon to go into the wardrobe. All the act I put up...faking tears and dragging my boxes out of the room......he watched me patiently as I deceived myself. Demola!!!......my father cried....my mother wept....my friend couldn't even look at me. He said he invited them to hear and see that he hadn't done me any wrong, he wanted them to come because he had made up his mind to stay single and be the best father to his, not our anymore....his children. Whenever Demola talked that way, I knew that was his final decision. And as soft as he seemed, he was strong at heart, and he had made up his mind.

In less than 3months, I had ruined something that has been precious to me for a life-time. My children, my home that I built and nurtured.....my husband who has loved me, provided for me, cared for me and stayed faithful and honest to me. Today, I am single, I see my children once every month, I work as a customer care agent in one of the banks, I have money and can afford whatever I want....Damon still calls me, but I haven't seen him since our last discussion...when he told me my husband knew about us.....Damon moved out but Osifo still lives there. I am seen as a rich lady to my colleagues, as a lady who owns everything.....but I have nothing. Demola and our three lovely sons were my wealth and riches, without them, I am nothing!


My name name is Adeshina.....The Single and Miserable Divorcee!

5 comments:

  1. finally.....she had it coming....she lost out on everything. this should be a lesson to every woman, married,single or dating, even the gays...lol. Tunrayo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariam...thank God it's over

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess i have to go back and read 1 and 2. Started from 3 but it was still intriguing. Held me spell bound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy!!! *sigh* good for her sha. She don learn

    ReplyDelete